Tuesday 3 December 2013

Robert Capa – Moment of death


This is a video by Robert Capa that is a really good example of ‘The Fake’. This is because Robert Capa did take that photograph during the Spanish Civil War but the soldier that he has photograph was actually just posing for him. It is not an actual soldier dying. It is taken on the 5th September in 1836. Until the 1970s people believed that it was an actual documentary photograph but after that they started believing that it was staged outside Spain. When I seen the photograph for the first time I couldn’t actually tell that it was faked so I did also believe that it was real which might be the reason why a lot of people actually thought that it was real and not faked. I got to know that the photograph was staged when I researched more about the photographer and his photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment